In August 2010, the Blue Button initiative was launched to allow veterans to download their personal health information from their My HealtheVet account. The Blue Button Initiative has also been adopted by Medicare. Now you can upload that information to your free HealthVault account, where you can find a growing list of health and wellness apps to manage your health.
See how HealthVault and Blue Button work together
HealthVault has apps to help you:
- Stay prepared and organized
- Track and manage chronic conditions
- Collect and manage prescription information
How to get started
- Download your Blue Button file from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or Medicare.gov. You'll be asked to upload this file after you create your HealthVault account.
- Sign up for a free HealthVault account. When you've finished signing up, we'll prompt you to upload your Blue Button file.
- Find apps to work with your health information. Click the information you want to work with (blood pressure, for instance). We'll show you the apps that work with that information to help you better manage your health.